Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's Orange!


As I said, it's orange. Lots of orange. Many oranges.





Many years ago I made a friend an orange scarf. Last fall, her house got struck by lightning and burned. Insurance took care of her basic needs etc., but as all of us who have been there know, you lose more than just your "stuff". I decided to make her a new orange scarf. I did not have time to make the yarn like her last one, but found a pattern for a most cool replacement. When I get my act together, I'll find the link.










I had fun looking for all kinds of orange yarns. I got some that were thick, some thin, some dark in color and some light in color. Most were wool/wool blends, but I did find a variegated gold/orange/green silky tape. Each row or two was either a different yarn or different stitch. All in all, it was a fun exercise in texture and I think she liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment